Intellectual property litigation
Litigation involving intellectual property (IP) rights often is complex. At Gilson Athans P.C., our team of award-winning IP lawyers and litigators have extensive experience handling complex cases in trial and appellate courts throughout the United States. U.S. News & World Report's Best Lawyers in America, Georgia Superlawyers and Georgia Trend's Legal Elite have recognized our IP lawyers repeatedly for their IP work. In addition, our firm has been recognized as a "Tier 2" law firm both nationally and in the State of Georgia by U.S. News & World Reports - Best Lawyers ® "Best Law Firms" in another area of complex litigation.
We frequently serve as local counsel as needed for cases pending or being filed in the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia. Below are some examples of the types of IP cases we have handled:
- Copyright litigation
- Patent, Trademark, and Trade Dress Litigation
- Computer Hardware and Software Patent Litigation
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Semiconductor Patent Litigation
- Electronics Patent Litigation
- Retail Patent Infringement Litigation
- Retail Copyright Infringement Litigation
- Manufacturing Unfair Competition Litigation
- Non Profit IP Litigation
- False Marketing/Deceptive Trade Practices Litigation
The firm regularly represents clients in a broad range of intellectual property transactional matters including:
- Acting as general counsel for clients within the technology, entertainment, medical and service industries.
- The acquisition or sale of businesses and business assets in the technology, entertainment, medical and service industries.
- Negotiating and drafting technology-related licenses.
- Negotiating and drafting software and website design and development agreements.
- Preparating applications to register copyrights, trademarks and service marks.
- Drafting and negotiating privacy and publicity rights releases.